4.26.2009

Jazzing up the Forms

Playing around on paper, I'm Keri Bartlett Bullock, CEO, Bullock Family Household. My Human Resources staff is spearheaded by Scott Bryan Bullock (AKA Husband, Father, Breadwinner). Of course, straightup, my chosen line of work is Stay-At-Home Mom. My husband and I have been raising children together for 22 years. As a result, I've filled out dozens of registration and consent forms at schools, doctor's offices and in the realm of the wide, wide world of sports! To entertain myself during the process, I write things like, "CEO, Bullock Family Household" or "Human Resources Advisor" or "CEO, Bullock Children Fanclub" in response to the Job Description, Occupation or Industry prompts appearing on all forms underneath the line where the "responsible party" is to print their name. That includes government agency forms such as when I applied for a passport. Some officials haven't been amused and have let it show, in one way or another, that they think I'm weird. (They got that right.) But once in a while it's created spontaneous laughs and comments. It's made for an enjoyable, conversation piece over many desktops in our community during the past two decades. However, may it never be interpreted that I don't believe the job title shouldn't stand well enough alone on its own pedestal with the handwriting or mention of just one word: "Mother". The duties and responsibilities are equivalent to that of the important work of any CEO is all I'm sayin'. Yet, the paycheck which all hardworking, good mothers receive is not achievable through monetary salary.


Meet my employers: Kacie Linn Bullock (16), Trey Bryant Bullock (4), Bryant Matthew Bullock (22), Jamie Linn Bullock (19), Warren Bryant Bullock (2). They write my paycheck. The type that only children can write. They also work for our family. They're tremendously helpful co-workers;  the older they get the harder they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment